Is there an IKEA anywhere around here?For a player who shuttled from Hershey to Washington multiple times last season, finally being able to say you have a place to call your own is a big deal. Much like graduating college, you find yourself with the sudden need to turn your new space into your home.
Since Karl's tastes clearly fall into the realm of 'Scandinavian modern style furniture and accessories', we're here to offer some suggestions from the blue and gold catalog of goodness.
- Get a nice rug, like this one. It'll make a room!
- Practical storage is a must. If you're looking for something modern, check this out. Just be careful... these things are known to have weird things in them...
- I understand you recently got engaged. Congrats! Just make sure your fiancee doesn't make you buy this. Call me old fashioned, but it just doesn't scream 'rugged defenseman'.
- Did you know Ikea does whole kitchens? Did you know you can make your whole kitchen RED!?
- Actually, almost everything at Ikea is offered in red. Something like this is always a good bet to store all those trophies you're gonna win.
- A tip: having two sinks can save a relationship, especially if you're always clogging the drain when you shave your playoff beard.
- Lastly, when you're at Ikea you may be tempted to check out the cafe, featuring all sorts of Swedish food. STAY AWAY FROM THE CINNAMON BUNS! You'll put on 20 pounds before you know it! If you don't trust me, just ask Mike Green.